Why do I need a backup solution for Office 365?
Whilst Office 365 offers fantastic resiliency with multiple copies of your mailboxes in redundant geo-locations, it offers limited backup & restore functionality.
What Office 365 Provides:
- Protection against loss of service due to hardware failure or natural disaster
- Short-term protection against user and admin error (Recycle Bin, soft delete)
What Office 365 doesn’t protect you against:
- Accidental Deletion (If you accidentally delete an e-mail, you have only 14 days to recover it before it is permanently deleted)
- Hackers, ransomware, and other malware
- Malicious insiders
- Departing employees (they may delete part or all of their mailbox or shared mailboxes intentionally)
That’s why Microsoft recommends third-party backup in the Service Availability section of its Services Agreement. (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/servicesagreement)
Benefits of our Office 365 Backup Solution
Third-party Office 365 backup is the best way to protect against accidental or malicious file deletion, other user errors, ransomware, and data corruption. These solutions store backups independently from Microsoft servers and enable granular restores of Office 365 files, folders, and applications. They ensure that you can restore quickly and meet data retention requirements for Office 365 data.
You can restore an e-mail or multiple e-mails from any point in time from when your backups start. Backups are seamless and do not slow down your access or interfere with the day to day usage of your mailbox. Backups are unlimited with no data usage caps.
If you would like any further information or want to start backing up your Office 365 data, please contact us on 01522 282120 or via email@example.com